Wednesday 22 December 2010

Beige rage


Above: Angelina Jolie in The Tourist, 2010

I'm sure I'm not the only person who became infatuated with Angelina Jolie's wardrobe whilst watching The Tourist in the cinema. For me, it was the one astounding aspect of an otherwise predictable film. As somebody who already possesses a fetish for gold jewellery and beige clothing (the latter developed when I finally got over the nautical trend and decided I wanted to look like a "lady"), her luxurious outfits teamed with caramel toned hair sent me into an absolute frenzy. Now, dying my hair caramel is out of the question, because not only have I written off any chances of going lighter (bad decision involving a box of "black henna"), various experiments have verified that dark hair suits me more than light hair. And I am not Angelina Jolie.

So that brings me to the various ways in which I will emulate her elegant, Parisian chic style. Obviously taking into account that I am not a Parisian chic, I do not eat croissants for breakfast in twee cafes, and I do not lead a luxurious lifestyle between Paris and Venice. As a Londoner who works in retail and attends university, I try not to live under the pretense that the streets are high end runways, because there is always an escalator to run down, a dirty wall to lean against, or a door to kick open with the toe of your expensive boots.


♥ Aliya ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment