Saturday 27 August 2011

Leather obsession

I am absolutely obsessed with the leather and suede detailing trend of this autumn. For the past few months I've been darting towards every item that has been touched by either of the two materials in some way, whether it's a leather t-shirt or a jumper with elbow patches. I even forked out £40 on a plain white top from Oasis which is already bobbled but has 2cm leather cuffs on the ends of the sleeves. Fast forward a few days and a lot of expenditure, and with a mere £11 left in my account I'm searching for patches on eBay to sew onto my existing clothes.

Today I went round the shops with an even more feeble £4 in my account (not to worry, pay day on Wednesday and no particular need to eat food) and alas, managed to find around £1000 worth of clothing which will be making guest appearances in my dreams for the next few weeks. In fact, I found so much stuff that I am actually compiling a list of what I've seen and will narrow the candidates down to what I absolutely cannot live with. At the moment my head is swimming with gold buttons (an lifelong fetish which has nothing to do with trends), elbow patches and tiny tiny strips of leather which manage to make a plain jumper worth £50. Having said that, I'm still buying elbow patches on eBay, but am now failing to find the perfect red jumper to sew them onto in order to recreate the beautiful but expensive Massimo Dutti jumper I saw today. Damn this exclusive elbow patched world.



Above is a small fraction of my current lust list; Massimo Dutti unfortunately do not have an online store, or this post would be flooded with the elbow-patch heaven that I encountered from the door to the changing rooms in store today. I have however found out that there are 300 Massimo Dutti stores in Pakistan, where I spent the entire month of July, so am currently in a state of shock and regret that I didn't stock up this delicious collection for a fraction of the price whilst I had the chance (that is, if they had it!). I'm going back next year and now fully intend to return in a chic, Massimo-Dutti-clad fashion.

Starting my third week at Fabulous next week, it's going well so far and I'm getting a chance to assist the fashion director on a shoot or two! Very excited about this, so expect lots of tweeting about it. In the mean time, I'm organising my own shoot with Faye Sampson in the next few weeks, and it will be featuring some of the leather adorned garments featured above: I will most probably have to be physically wrenched away from this clothes when it comes to returning them, so self-control my exercise for the time being!

No comments:

Post a Comment