Wednesday 10 August 2011

Return to London


I touched down in London ten days ago following my four week holiday to Pakistan. The trip was absolutely amazing and reuniting with my relatives from all over the world whilst celebrating my cousin's wedding was worth the insane heat and humidity. I also picked up a real vibe for Pakistani fashion whilst there; floor length dresses with contrasting pleats in the skirts strangely reminded me of London fashion, albeit covered in sequins and embellishment that brands would charge £100s for here (not that they come any cheaper over there, as my bank balance sadly discovered). I have yet another wedding to attend there next year, so there now is another line of clothing added to my shopping list on top of the usual monthly wardrobe makeovers and random splurges that I generally treat myself to. Definitely predicting bankruptcy by Christmas time.

My quietness on Twitter and here have been due to my month of absolute luxury and disconnection from the fashion business, but next week I'm starting a four week internship at Fabulous magazine and intend to be back in the swing of things by lunchtime on my very first day. Looking the part is very important to me, so the first thing I did when I arrived back was empty out half the clothes which I've been wrinkling my nose at for the past few months, and promptly went shopping. Usually I have a lot of difficulty finding clothes but this time I appear to have struck gold (at the supposed price of gold unfortunately but never mind); in the past 10 days I've built myself a new little wardrobe and cannot wait to start wearing it next week. I'm working seven days at my retail job this week so have been sporting a look consisting of a white t-shirt, jeans, military boots, dishevelled state and permanent frown, so it will be extremely refreshing to put effort into my appearance again. I may even consider doing a few outfit posts, though this will most likely drive me to buy more clothes for variety.

In terms of shoots, I'm currently on a mini hiatus as my suitcase is still filled with holiday clothes, but I'm expecting to be back at it by September, when some more of my pending shoots will be published! I'm also looking to launch a portfolio website soon, so this blog may well relocate within the next few months. But until then, expect constant updates about my various expenditures, shoot plans, internship diary and the upcoming London Fashion Week.



No comments:

Post a Comment