Monday 27 June 2011

Seaside shoot


Saturday saw one of the best shoots I've ever done. I say almost the same thing after every shoot I do, and I'm happy to say it's always true because they get better every single time. This one took place at the seaside in Brighton with Faye Sampson, involving a team of eight travelling down from London (2 models, 2 MUAs, photographer, creative director, myself and my styling assistant). The wardrobe for this was a mixture of structured and flowing fabrics, but all followed the theme of very very bright colours. As always with my styling, a few sheer pieces were tossed in and prompted the requirement of nipple covers (£5.00 for seven pairs at La Senza, best discovery ever!)

The models were Tia @ Leni's and Diana @ Sapphire; both were extremely bubbly and pretty much the life and soul of the shoot. Between getting changed in public behind towels and using a reflector to block the horrific wind at the pier, the shoot was challenging but also heaps of fun. We shot a total of five looks including some killer dresses by Aqua, cape shirts over bikinis and a lot of gold jewellery - my speciality!


This shoot is my last until August at the earliest as I'm flying out to Pakistan on Monday for four weeks. I may have also bagged myself an amazing internship for the end of August and beginning of September, so the weight on my chest has lifted a little at the prospect of having no worries on my holiday. I've also managed to pack up and return everything from the shoot already, which leaves my holiday packing to be done: I haven't started, so wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment