Thursday 2 June 2011

Summer begins

The past two weeks have been dedicated to putting together a magazine as the final project for my second year. I was working in a team of nine people as the art director, so the last stage of the project was the most stressful for me as it was mine and the production designer's responsibility to visually execute the magazine. After many sleepless nights of designing, Amigo magazine is ready.


Amigo magazine has been designed as a free lifestyle publication to be offered onboard on coach journeys, the categories being culture, current affairs, entertainment, fashion and beauty, sport and technology. As a fashion enthusiast, I took on the design responsibility for the fashion section (along with sport, entertainment and the opening pages), and the lovely Faye Sampson provided photography tailored for the fashion features which we sneakily shot in between scenes during our shooting weekend. I can give her most of the credit for making the fashion pages look amazing - they can be seen from page 29 onwards, or in the images below. Among them is the one feature I wrote myself, titled 'The Denim Shirt', of which I'm very proud; I will probably write more articles for the Amigo website soon, so keep an eye out.






Now that I've got lots of free time I'm going to apply to thousands of internships until I have something sorted for August and September, plan the seaside shoot Faye and I are doing in two weeks time (SO excited for this one), and start preparing for my trip to Pakistan in four weeks. Top of my list? Wide-brimmed sun hat.

1 comment: