Tuesday 15 February 2011

Ballet fashion & rambling


Last Friday I collaborated on a shoot with photographer Sophie Ellen (www.sophieellen.com) at Adrian Pini studios in North London (www.adrianpinistudios.com). It was my first ever shoot in an actual studio, and the comfort and ease whilst shooting was great, though I will never lose my fondness of scampering around on location, even in extreme weather conditions. The theme of this shoot was ballet fashion, and Sophie had been planning it for months, so as the beautiful Spring collections began flowing into stores in the form of pleats and bright florals, I started gathering the wardrobe early and picked up more pieces along the way, until I had accumulated eighteen outfits. I lost count of the amount of outfits we actually got through (collection pictured above), but it was over half, and we definitely used the best ones. I was lucky enough to get dresses from two fantastic designers: Omar Mansoor (www.omarmansoor.com) and Fabryan (www.fabryan.com), whose show I will be attending next week during London Fashion Week - I'm extremely excited as she's not only a lovely person, but an extremely talented designer.

The ballet shoot was a huge success, as the model Katy is a trained ballerina as well as being absolutely stunning. There were a few wardrobe malfunctions during the shoot, including the re-pinning of a size 14 dress after every single shot (the pin escaped after every movement), but even seeing the unedited pictures on the LCD screen of Sophie's camera was enough to send me into a frenzy, so I'm very excited to see the final outcome of the shoot.

I've come to the conclusion that I need to do more test shoots and build a website: how I will do this in between university, work and my very exclusive (but not often) free time is yet to be decided, but it's something that I'd definitely like to get up and running before the end of summer. I ordered a set of a hundred business cards a few days ago, and am looking to distribute them like crazy, especially during any shows I attend at London Fashion Week.

On a lighter and less professional note, I have spent almost £90 on make-up this month, so my next post will be all about that. I may also drop in all the clothes I've purchased too. The fashion world is a tough place to be, but I think I've passed the Spending More Than I Earn test.

No comments:

Post a Comment