Saturday 19 February 2011

Business cards / Fashion Week


I've had quite a busy and tiring week consisting of university, work, hauling things around to return and falling asleep at inappropriate times. However, the week has had it's upside: I spent today having a wonderful day out involving shopping (not for myself, for once), and a lovely dinner at the Lotus Floating restaurant in the Docklands.

Also, yesterday evening I attended the Stylist Magazine event at the Swarovski Crystallized store in West End. Ten S/S11 looks were modelled to us by some gorgeous and very charming models whilst commentary was provided by Stylist's Acting Fashion Director, whom I had a lovely chat with in between. I've probably mentioned a few times that working at Stylist Magazine would be a dream come true for me, so I've been trying to get an internship sorted for the near future...not holding my hopes to high as I know I have a lot of competition, but a girl can dream!


Another mini highlight of the week was receiving my business cards, pictured above. I wasn't expecting the quality to be amazing, as I ordered them from what seemed like a budget website, but was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. I do think I ordered to many, so my plan is to give a handful to each contact I already have, with the hope that they will pass them on to anybody looking for a freelance stylist.

I have yet to make a post about my new make-up, as I want to wait till I have a free day to photograph it all, but wearing my new pink lipstick and filling in my eyebrows has become an obsession for me. This post will come later on this week, as I'll have two important things to update about before that: the Mulberry A/W 11 presentation I'm attending before work tomorrow, and Fabryan's A/W 11 show and after party I'll be attending on Monday. My excitement for both is very high!

2 comments: