Wednesday 9 February 2011

Fashion business

My updates have become rather fragmented lately; it seems that as soon as I flop down on my bed after a long day of university or work and open up my MacBook, I either have something to do on inDesign for a project, or some sort of mass order to make on ASOS. I'm pretty sure they are on to me now, as I've made roughly ten orders this month, but I've started putting in some orders for myself now as well as for shoots (the NARS collection has tickled my fancy), so hopefully I won't get arrested by the ASOS police any time soon.

Anyway, I have a shoot on Friday with a fantastic photographer called Sophie Ellen, it's my first time working with her and I'm very excited. It'll be my first shoot in an actual hired studio, and whilst it will be lovely to be in a hopefully warm and comfortable environment, it will feel unusual to not be scavenging about in the cold with my suitcase, as I've been doing over the past few months. However, I do have seventeen (SEVENTEEN!) outfits for the shoot, all which will need serious steaming, so the shoot will be anything but relaxing. I have high hopes for the day though, and will definitely update once it's over.

Next week is London Fashion Week, and I have one definite invite to the show of the lovelyFabryan London. I am currently in the process of creating my first ever business card, and intend to go on a networking frenzy. I generally suffer from shyness in social events, especially as I'm only just starting out as a stylist, but I've come to realise that in certain situations, it's all about doing a 180 personality flip, putting on a pair of sexy wedges, locking down the hair and make-up and really releasing your confidence to be noticed. And with a convenient shopping trip planned with my favourite make-up artist on Monday, NARS Orgasm Illuminator in the post to me, and the wedges below on my shopping list, I think I'm ready to venture out there with my fresh business cards and make things happen. A fringe trim is also on the agenda, because I need to be able to see to do all this.

Topshop, £70

No comments:

Post a Comment