Monday 18 April 2011

Dresses that could poke your eyes out

Behind the scenes in St Paul's

Saturday was the day of my best shoot to date, with the wonderful Faye Sampson of course. The theme began as 'girls in suits', but the cliche eventually translated into something along the lines of 'powerful women'. That's the idea I kept in my head as I discarded the awful trouser + top all-in-ones that I bought  (Faye and her assistant were disdainful to say the least). Instead I began collecting sharp, structured dresses along with leather and sheer fabrics, all accessorised with men's jewellery and killer, killer heels. I was primarily very happy with the wardrobe, as I like to keep everything organised and write down outfit plans as well as deciding in advance which outfits will be shot together. But that satisfaction was nothing compared to what I felt during the shoot: the two models worked brilliantly together and worked the outfits amazingly well - it felt like everything had magically fallen into place. The chemistry between the models was so natural that we ended up shooting them together for every look, and we managed to get eight looks in total, of which I couldn't possibly choose a favourite. I am definitely looking forward to seeing the final results of these.

Regarding my other shoots, I got published in Turn magazine at the beginning of April, have one commissioned shoot in June, and am possibly getting published in about three to four more magazines in the next two months. I don't want to say anything until it's all 100% confirmed, but there is a strong possibility that every shoot I've done this year will be published. All of the effort was already worth it for the portfolio alone, but this has topped everything!

I'm having a bit of a break from shoots for a few weeks, but am having a stylist-related breakdown at present due to the fact that I am turning 22 on Friday and have not yet found a birthday dress for myself! I'm very tempted to wear one of the numbers from my most recent shoot, but might look too 'outrageous'. I will be celebrating at a very gorgeous restaurant in Camden, so my desperation to blend with the location is causing me a lot of hassle. Hopefully I will have found something by the end of the week; I have three more days at my placement this week, and then the entire weekend off to celebrate and treat myself to some long and well-needed lie-ins. Until then, I will leave my lovely readers with some more behind the scenes pictures from that oh so exciting shoot.

Studio preparation #1

Studio preparation #2

Our base camp in the back streets of St Paul's

Off-duty model

No comments:

Post a Comment