Friday 29 April 2011

Ramble

As I'm about to enter a Bank Holiday weekend of hell revolving around a 2,000 word essay that I had the whole of Easter to do but have two days to do, this is a very brief update. There are some things that I want to reflect on, and this will hopefully aid me in releasing my writer's block.

Yesterday I wrapped up my four week placement in Digital Ad Operations at Hachette Filippachi, and I was very upset to leave but also pleased with my experience there. I've come away with good knowledge of digital advertising and how it works, and this isn't something I'll ever be taught in university, so I'm glad to be a step ahead. Having a taste of digital publishing has also inspired me to pursue it further; it's an evolving industry in stark contrast to print, which is over-saturated and hideously competitive. As a very technical and digital-orientated person, I enjoyed the insight into how user activity is measured in advertising and learnt techniques on how to push campaigns to users. The team I worked in was golden and I couldn't have asked for a more supporting and inspiring boss - definitely a good starting point for my interning career. I can't wait to finish off university for the summer and do more internships - I'll be applying as of next week, once I get this nightmare assignment out of way.

My shooting time has been quiet recently, though I'm still burdened with returns which I've been too lazy to send back and consequently have an available balance of £0.38 in one of my accounts. My next shoot is coming up in three weeks' time, and has been developing for months, so I'm very eager to get cracking on the wardrobe. It will be my first ever commissioned shoot for a magazine, so I'm determined to outdo all of my previous ones: though that's an objective I carry forward for every shoot. Having seen previews of the images from the shoot in St Paul's with Faye Sampson, I am so pleased with the result and can't wait till it's all ready to be released so I can create my website and online portfolio.

Until next week it is; I'm going to have an an awful but self-induced nightmare this weekend, but will hopefully get through it and be able to function like a regular human being again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment