Thursday 14 April 2011

Weekly ramble

It's one of those days where I've come home, sat down and opened up my laptop to update my blog while I'm still wearing my shoes and have just thrown my earrings on the bed to join the mess of packaging from parcels. It has been a while since I've updated, possibly because I've been shoot-free for two weeks, but that nagging guilt has finally caught a hold of me!

I've just finished my second week at my work placement. I am learning a lot about digital advertising, which is great because it's a lot more complex than the print advertising I've been learning about at university, and I feel like I'm getting a good head start in it. It has got me very interested in advertising sales, but at the same time, I've had insight into how difficult it can be to cater to people's needs and wants, especially when trying to balance different sets of brand values. As somebody who has no clue what she wants to do but wants to do everything at the same time, I'd definitely love to try my hand in everything. As I mentioned last week, I'm at a very good company, so my objective is to impress as many people as I can to create opportunities for more internships in future.

I have a shoot this Saturday with the lovely and clearly very patient Faye Sampson; we were supposed to shoot last week, but all of the models dropped out at the last minute. The bright side of that story is that I had the wardrobe ready a week in advance, so the manic last minute shopping trip that I normally have after work on Fridays will instead consist of a calm stroll around to buy some accessories for my kit, including nipple covers. I'm also going to start packing now to avoid that awful feeling the night beforehand; organised Aliya Stylist is much better than all over the place Aliya Stylist!

On the topic of shoots, I might be getting published a few more times this summer. I'm not going to reveal too much just yet in case I jinx myself, but all of the craziness I go through for each shoot will be entirely worth it to see myself in print! I also plan to set up a website, and will hopefully be putting my entire body of work under 'published work'. I love it when hard work pays off!

No comments:

Post a Comment