Monday 4 April 2011

Internship + getting published

What an amazing start to my week! Today was my first day at Hachette Filipacchi in the advertising operations, and I can already tell I'm going to gain enjoyable and valuable experience in my four weeks there. This isn't your standard tea-making, cupboard-cleaning or errand-running internship; I've been treated very well and am being trained up to look after campaigns and communicate with clients. It's nerve wracking for me but also very exciting, because the entire department is very lovely and relaxed, and I know I'm in good hands. I'm definitely looking to break out of my shell and step up to the job to make a good impression, because I'm very blessed to be at a company like this at my stage. I will be doing work for ELLE UK online, Red Online, Sugarscape and possibly Digitalspy. Already looking forward to my second day!

The second element to my brilliant day is being published with Sophie Ellen in Turn Magazine!  I have bought myself a printed copy which is arriving in a week or two from the U.S., but frantically obtained the digital copy upon purchase and squealed when I saw that it had really happened. I owe Sophie a lot for getting me published after my public wish to achieve that by the end of this year - it's only April, and I'm hoping this happens again throughout the course of the year.


The cover was styled by the very talented Marianna Mullings, and her fashion feature appeared right after mine in the magazine - it's a small world, but it's great to share success!




I have a big shoot coming up with the lovely Faye Sampson this Saturday, involving two gorgeous girls from Bookings Model Agency. Currently filling up my basket with structured pieces, leather, suede, and dreaming of a hair stylist who can create something spectacular for us. Frantic updates about my broken suitcase and lost ASOS orders will most likely pop up in the next few days, but I'm expecting this shoot to be another success!

No comments:

Post a Comment