Wednesday 23 March 2011

Shoot explosion

Behind the scenes from floral ballet shoot

I'm currently sitting in the middle of an explosion of clothing that all needs to be packed out and away from an empty suitcase, but felt a sudden urge to update this. Now that I'm shooting constantly, I feel like I have no excuse to neglect my blog! After all, this is not, and never will be a fashion blog, it's a documentation of my work, and from now on, each shoot I do will be followed by a blog post featuring a cheeky behind the scenes snapshot taken from my iPhone.

So, today I shot at Adrian Pini Studios with the lovely Sophie Ellen for the second time, as a continuation in her ballet inspired series. Our first shoot together went so well that I couldn't resist jumping on board for the rest of the ones she had planned, which has somehow ended in us scheduling three shoots in the space of five days! It's been stressful, overbearing and financially destructive, but the success of our shoot today has reminded me that I'm in very good hands.

Today we shot two concepts with two gorgeous and talented models, along with a brilliant creative team. I can happily say that for every shoot I've done this year, I've gone home bubbling with glee and satisfaction with the outcome, and this is no exception - there was a little hiccup in the middle with lighting, but the addition of a backdrop and a fog machine completely saved the day. I have to say, despite my love for location shoots, I am getting quite comfortable shooting in Adrian Pini's studio - he has me on his database, so I'm hoping to get some paid work through him in future. Fighting with my overdraft has reminded me that I can't work for free forever, but I love the people who I'm working with at the moment, so an ego trip is not on the agenda yet.

One piece of amazing news that arrived today is that my last shoot with Sophie Ellen is being published! I am so excited at this, as being published has been a recent objective of mine, but I didn't expect it to be so soon. The magazine is coming out early next month, and I will most definitely be obtaining a copy and scanning the feature in.

For now, it's constant planning and organisation for my next two shoots which are on Friday and Sunday, both taking place in Cambridge. My bedroom is an explosion of shopping bags and I've lost count of the amount of pick-ups I have to do tomorrow, but hopefully everything will come together. If it doesn't, this blog probably won't be updated for a while.

2 comments:

  1. L.O.V.E the prints on that rail. HELLO WARM WEATHER x..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely reading this! I'm really glad to have you on board, we're doing great =) x

    ReplyDelete