Friday 25 March 2011

Theatrical ballet


Another amazing shoot with Sophie Ellen today! This one was shot in a theatre in Cambridge, which didn't blow our minds in a Royal Festival Hall-eseque way when we walked in, but making use of the backstage and hidden areas is what gave the shoot a creative edge. Before the shoot, Sophie and I walked around and decided on a shooting spot for each dress, which is probably my favourite thing to do as a stylist. I'm sure other stylists enjoy improvisation and spontaneity, and if it works for them then it'll all good, but I absolutely have to know the agenda in advance so I can plan everything accordingly. Anybody who has witnessed me frantically taping the bottoms of shoes or trying to zip up an overpacked suitcase will know that I don't work well under pressure.

The model was today's shoot was a lovely girl called Egle from Sapphires Model Management, who is probably the nicest and most down to earth model I've ever worked with. She created some stunning shots today, and travelling between London and Cambridge with her was a pleasure. Best of all, she made my job easy by fitting perfectly into each of the ten dresses I put her in - for the first time, I didn't have to use a single safety pin!

On the topic of dresses, I'd like to give a huge thank you to Fabryan London and Agnes Mira Rose for lending me dresses for this shoot - it's always great to have designer input, and today's shoot was successful because of that. A special thanks also goes to my wonderful friend Gulnit at http://www.admireme.co.uk/ for letting me use her jewellery for the shoot.

My final shoot with Sophie for this series is on Sunday, and tomorrow I plan on blowing all of the money I got back in refunds on crazy accessories for wardrobe, as I'd like this to be the killer shoot. People ask me why I spend so much time and money, but I'd like to be known as the reliable stylist who'll do anything to make the shoot spectacular - hopefully one day this will come back to me in the form of a blessing!

1 comment:

  1. From the BTS photos the locations look great!

    Making use of the rest of the location than expected sometimes produce even better results and I know this will be the case :D

    ReplyDelete