Tuesday 29 March 2011

Emerging from my shoots


Despite my oath to update after every shoot I did, I felt like I owed myself a cheeky and well-deserved break after my hectic but very productive week. The "break" wasn't as therapeutic as I'd hoped; I did manage to have a lie-in until 11am yesterday, but then set off to Oxford Street carrying four enormous shopping bags full of things to return. The weight off my shoulders was a huge relief, but unfortunately that was only a third of what I need to return! I need to make a big trip to the post office and at least two more trips to the shops, but I'm aiming to get that cleared by the end of week, in anticipation of being able to see my carpet again.

Sunday's shoot went very well again, despite a very shaky start for me. On the night before the shoot, the zip on my suitcase came off just as I was shutting it after packing everything so carefully (unfortunately the second zip had already come off in a similar incident a week beforehand). I ended up having to re-pack everything into a very small luggage trolley and enormous travel shoulder bag, the latter of which has resulted in large green bruises on my thigh where it hit me as I walked. To top it off, I missed my train to Cambridge in the morning, and arrived at the ballet studio rather late. Thankfully my bad luck ended there, as the two beautiful girls from Sapphires Model Management were providing killer shots from the very first outfits. I was very happy with the results of this shoot, and all three I did with Sophie Ellen last week. I'm quite sad that it was the last shoot of ours together for this series, but I know we will be working together in the near future. For the moment, I can't wait to see the results of the shoots, and hopefully get more published!

On a very exciting note, I've landed myself a placement at ELLEuk.com in the advertising operations department for the whole of April! I have no idea how I got so lucky, but I cannot wait to start on Monday morning. From what has been described, I'm going to be involved in a lot of exciting tasks in my time there, and whilst I do feel like I'm being thrown in the deep end, opportunities like this come for a specific reason, and I plan to do everything I can to shine whilst working there. My biggest dilemma is currently my wardrobe: I know my dress sense isn't what I'll be assessed on, but appearance is a huge part of my confidence and performance, so I'm currently in the process of spring-cleaning my wardrobe. As soon as payday arrives on Thursday, I'm going to attack the shops and pull out some key pieces (gently, as to not harm my bank balance too much).

No comments:

Post a Comment